Cyber Due Diligence
Technology is more often than not the “long tail” in most merger integrations. It is also the most frequent aspect of a merger that can mean success versus disaster.
"Avoiding M&A failures means paying more attention to details and less to the grand narrative behind the deal." - Dealroom
For too long, due diligence has only focused on legal and financial considerations while IT is ignored, even though it’s integration is essential for long-term success. We can guide you through the technology challenges associated with integration that will help answer these questions and more:
- Do you know what challenges and pitfalls are lurking in the technology of the company you are considering to acquire?
- Do you know who the key personnel are, and their capabilities?
- Do you understand the age of the technology running the business?
- Have you accounted for the unforeseen potential CAPEX investments you may need to make?
- Are you clear on how long it will take to merge systems?
- Are there infrastructure constraints in the current (or future combined) business?
- Are you thinking realistically about the synergies you are going to achieve?
- Do you have a cohesive strategy to integrate the two businesses?
- Are you prepared to inherit the technology of a company that may have experienced an unknown data breach?
How We Can Help
As your Fractional CIO, we can:
- Perform a Technology Maturity Assessment to understand how the current and/or acquired business uses technology.
- Determine who the key personnel that are essential to the current operation of the business.
- Identify critical risks that may lead to discussion on acquisition valuation
- Help build a plan to ensure the successful integration of the two companies
- Oversee and execute the integration activities.
White Clay Technology has years of experience in M&A and integration activities in technology. Let us see how we can help you.